As trademark survey specialists, Keegan & Donato Consulting approaches survey design and critique on a case-by-case basis, working closely with clients to understand the key issues driving their cases and maximizing the value of consumer survey evidence to their overall case strategies.
Keegan & Donato Consulting is a specialty research consultancy and one of the most experienced firms in trademark litigation. Principals Mark Keegan and Tony Donato offer clients over three decades of combined experience and impeccable credentials in consumer-based survey research and data analysis and follow a solid methodological foundation in survey design, execution, and presentation.
We are members of the International Trademark Association (INTA), the American Marketing Association (AMA), the American Association for Public Opinion Research (AAPOR), the Association for Consumer Research (ACR), and ESOMAR, the leading global association for market, social and opinion researchers.
We have worked with many well-known firms from coast to coast, including Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan LLP in Los Angeles, Debevoise & Plimpton LLP in New York, Riemer & Braunstein LLP in Boston, and Reed Smith LLP in Chicago.
About the Firm
Located in Rye, New York, Keegan & Donato Consulting offers a wide range of services to plaintiff and defendant clients across the nation, including consultation on litigation strategy, consumer research studies, testimony in trademark and trade dress litigation, testimony at deposition and trial, expert reports, and rebuttal of opposing parties’ surveys when applicable.
Principals Mark Keegan and Tony Donato have experience in consumer research and extensive testimony experience. Their credentials include the following:
- Juris Doctor from Brooklyn Law School (Keegan)
- Bachelor of Arts in History from Pace University (Keegan)
- Member of the New York and Connecticut Bar Associations (Keegan)
- Master of Public Policy from Georgetown University (Donato)
- Bachelor of Arts in Politics from Ursinus College (Donato)
- Co-author of peer-reviewed journal articles (Donato)
Our Survey Methodology
At Keegan & Donato Consulting, we employ classic survey designs and develop innovative custom survey designs to suit each client’s needs. We consider methodological design among the most critical aspects of designing a consumer research study. Our best practices include the following:
- Appropriate universe selection and sampling frame;
- Inclusion of representative, qualified respondents;
- Use of objective, non-leading questions;
- Use of procedures to reduce guessing among respondents;
- Strategies for minimizing potential biases in data collection; and
- Complete analysis and reporting of survey data.
Our industry-leading online survey software platform facilitates the programming and execution of advanced survey designs, including complex skip logic and advanced rotation and randomization of questions, answer options, and stimuli.
Attorneys, Fortune 500 companies, and others whose litigation requires the support and expertise of a trademark survey specialist will benefit from the extraordinary knowledge of Keegan & Donato Consulting. Contact us at (914) 967-9421 to learn how we can help.