Trademarks are the most valuable asset of most businesses. In today’s highly competitive world, trademark disputes occur regularly, and businesses spend millions of dollars protecting their marks. Work with trademark survey experts at Keegan & Donato Consulting for litigation support in case of a legal dispute.
Keegan & Donato Consulting has developed surveys for plaintiffs and defendants nationwide on the likelihood of confusion, secondary meaning, strength of mark, acquired distinctiveness, dilution, genericness, false advertising, and many other trademark and trade dress topics.
We have partnered with firms across the nation, including SmithAmundsen LLC (Chicago), Ropes & Gray LLP (Washington, DC), Blood Hurst & O’Reardon LLP (San Diego), and Notaro, Michalos & Zaccaria PC (New Jersey), on litigation surveys that have been entered into evidence in matters involving many different products and services.
We belong to the International Trademark Association (INTA), the American Marketing Association (AMA), the Association for Consumer Research (ACR), the American Association for Public Opinion Research (AAPOR), and ESOMAR, the leading global association for market, social and opinion researchers. We have the skills and tools to provide the litigation support you need.
How to Find the Best Survey Experts
When looking for the best trademark survey experts, consider several factors, such as their experience, expertise, and reputation. Here are some steps you can take to find the best survey experts:
- Look for relevant experience: Look for experts with experience working on similar cases. The more experience they have, the better. Keegan & Donato Consulting surveys have been admitted into evidence in federal and state courts, at arbitration, and to the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (TTAB), the NAD, and other specialty venues.
- Check qualifications: Ensure the experts you choose have the right qualifications, including advanced degrees in survey research, market research, statistics, or other relevant fields.
Mark Keegan is a member of the New York and Connecticut Bar Associations and has a record of formulating complex case strategies on behalf of his clients and a history as a marketing strategist working with top brands. He is an AMA-designated Professional Certified Marketer.
Tony Donato holds a Master of Public Policy degree from Georgetown University and has an extensive background in research, marketing, intellectual property, and consumer behavior cases covering trademark, copyright, best efforts, advertising, business damages, consumer surveys, and business ethics.
- Review references: Ask for references from the experts you are considering. Contact previous clients and ask about their experiences with the expert and their professionalism.
- Interview potential experts: Before selecting an expert, interview them to get a sense of their knowledge, experience, and communication skills. Ask about their approach to trademark survey research, their experience in testifying in court, and how they would approach your case.
- Evaluate the cost: Consider the cost of the expert’s services. While cost should not be the only factor, ensuring you get value for your money is essential. At Keegan & Donato Consulting, most of our consumer surveys cost between $15,000 and $55,000, and $35,000 is the most typical cost. We work on a fixed rate or hourly basis, depending on your needs.
How We Can Help
As trademark survey experts, Keegan & Donato Consulting would be pleased to provide litigation support, advising you on achieving the admissibility of your survey evidence. Call us today at (914) 967-9421 to explore our affordable services.