Trademark survey companies, such as Keegan & Donato Consulting, can provide plaintiffs and defendants in Seattle with litigation surveys, survey rebuttals, and expert testimony for a wide variety of matters.
Keegan & Donato Consulting specializes in a wide range of trademark and trade-dress analyses and surveys, such as:
- Likelihood of Confusion –We can measure likelihood of confusion through classic survey designs and by crafting innovative custom surveys to determine whether or not consumers believe that brands at issue emanate from the same source or are somehow related.
- Strength of Mark – If your case involves strength of mark, we can customize a survey that evaluates consumer familiarity with a brand and demonstrates the level of consumer recognition of a mark.
- Acquired Distinctiveness– A survey can help you prove that your client’s mark has achieved acquired distinctiveness and is unlikely to cause confusion about the origin of goods or services associated with it.
- Lanham Act Claims – A well-designed consumer research study can provide empirical evidence on the issue of whether an alleged trademark infringement is having a real-world impact on consumers.
- Dilution – A survey can help determine whether a famous mark has become identified with more than one type of product (dilution by blurring) or harmed by an association with a low quality or unsavory product (dilution by tarnishment).
- Consumer Perception Surveys – We can test consumer perception through consumer research to ascertain how consumers perceive and interpret specific claims made by a manufacturer on packaging and in other marketing communications.
Principals Mark Keegan and Tony Donato have a more than 25 combined years of experience and education in consumer-based survey research and data analysis in the context of intellectual property disputes, and follow a solid methodological foundation in survey design, execution and presentation.
Mr. Keegan’s background in formulating case strategies in complex litigation on behalf of his clients and as a marketing strategist working with top brands, along with Mr. Donato’s background in marketing, intellectual property, and consumer behavior cases covering trademark, copyright, advertising, business damages and business ethics, offer an exceptional combination of strategic and analytical skills.
The firm is a member of ESOMAR, the leading global association for the research profession, the International Trademark Association (INTA), a worldwide organization of trademark owners and professionals dedicated to supporting trademarks and intellectual property to protect consumers and promote fair and effective global commerce, and the American Marketing Association (AMA).
We work on a fixed rate or hourly basis depending on the needs of each client, and will help you design a survey that is both reliable and within your budget.
If you are located in Seattle and looking for trademark survey companies to provide research, analysis, affidavits, declarations and expert reports in support of your IP litigation, Keegan & Donato Consulting can help. Get in touch with us at (914) 967-9421 today.
Learn more about our services:
Likelihood of confusion
Strength of mark
Lanham Act claims