Good survey evidence can be powerful. As you evaluate trademark survey companies to provide research and analysis in support of your trademark infringement and trade dress litigation in Raleigh, consider Keegan & Donato Consulting.
Keegan & Donato Consulting is a leading specialty research consultancy that designs and executes consumer-based surveys for attorneys and their clients in the context of intellectual property disputes.
Choosing a Qualified Expert
There are several criteria to consider when selecting the most appropriate expert for your case, but experience is very important. The expert should have the right balance of educational background and practical research experience, as well as experience in being deposed and testifying at trial.
Mark Keegan and Tony Donato offer more than 25 years of experience and a combination of strategic and analytical skills. We have testimony experience as expert witnesses in a number of high-profile cases involving consumer behavior and trademark infringement.
Mr. Keegan’s experience in formulating case strategies in complex litigation involving business, marketing, economics, and financial issues on behalf of his clients, along with Mr. Donato’s experience in strategy, research, survey design and execution, and data analysis, create a unique blend of strategic and analytical skills.
We have designed and critiqued hundreds of consumer research studies across a broad range of industries for cases in federal court, state court, the TTAB, the NAD, arbitration hearings, and other specialty venues.
- Likelihood of Confusion –We utilize both standard survey designs and innovative custom surveys to ascertain whether or not consumers are confused by a party’s use of a contested mark.
- Strength of Mark –The level of legal protection of distinctive marks is directly linked to the strength of the mark. We can conduct a survey to measure the level of consumer recognition of a mark or brand.
- Secondary Meaning –We can help strengthen your case strategy by targeting relevant consumers in your client’s market and evaluating whether a mark has become a distinctive identifier of the brand in the minds of consumers.
- Acquired Distinctiveness– Our surveys can measure whether consumers associate a mark with a certain product and whether the mark is distinctive enough not to cause confusion about the origin of goods or services associated with it.
- Dilution –Consumer recognition of a famous mark can be measured directly by a survey. Because there are a variety of approaches to substantiating a claim of dilution, we work closely with clients to understand the fundamental issues of their unique cases.
- Lanham Act Claims – Lanham Act issues are particularly well-suited to testing through consumer research. A well-designed survey can provide empirical evidence on the issue of whether an alleged trademark infringement is having a real-world impact on consumers.
Keegan & Donato Consulting provides nationwide services in these and other areas:
- State-of-the-art survey design and execution
- Full-service data gathering and reporting
- Pilot studies and exploratory research
- Damages analysis and forensic economic analysis
- Collaboration on complex commercial litigation issues
- Critique and rebuttal of opposing experts’ studies and reports
- Advice on deposition and trial questioning of opposing experts
When faced with IP litigation in Raleigh, trademark survey companies like Keegan & Donato Consulting can help you strengthen your case with independent consumer-based survey research solutions. Call us today at (914) 967-9421 to learn how we can help.