If your infringement litigation in Austin, TX calls for a trademark survey, consider the capabilities of companies like Keegan & Donato Consulting. We have the ability to deliver intelligence quickly and within a wide range of budgets.
Principals Mark Keegan and Tony Donato offer a combined 25 years of experience and impeccable credentials in consumer-based survey research and data analysis, and follow a solid methodological foundation in survey design, execution and presentation.
Mr. Keegan is a member of the New York and Connecticut Bar Associations. He has crafted complex case strategies for his clients and served as a marketing strategist for top brands. Mr. Donato has a wide-ranging analytical background in marketing, intellectual property, and consumer behavior cases covering trademark, copyright, advertising, and business damages.
The real-world results we collect have provided our clients a foundation for presenting fact-based evidence to support their positions. We also provide expert witness testimony on consumer survey, marketing and economic issues.
Our services include these and other areas:
- State-of-the-art survey design and execution
- Pilot studies and exploratory research
- Full-service data gathering and reporting capabilities
- Damages analysis and forensic economic analysis
- Collaboration on complex commercial litigation issues
- Critique and rebuttal of opposing experts’ studies and reports
- Advice on questioning of opposing experts in deposition and at trial
Keegan & Donato Consulting’s vast experience includes conducting trademark surveys to test a wide variety of Lanham Act claims, such as likelihood of confusion, strength of mark, secondary meaning, acquired distinctiveness, trade dress and others, false and deceptive advertising, consumer perception, and expert witness testimony on consumer survey, marketing and economic issues.
- Likelihood of Confusion– Our firm has designed and critiqued hundreds of likelihood of confusion studies to ascertain whether consumers are confused by a party’s use of a contested mark.
- Secondary Meaning – Keegan & Donato Consulting can design a survey to target relevant consumers in your client’s market and determine the extent to which they associate a contested mark with a single or multiple sources.
- Strength of Mark–Consider a survey that measures consumer reaction to a mark and determines the level of consumer recognition. We can help you understand the extent to which consumers are familiar with your client’s brand.
- Lanham Act Claims – Strengthen your Lanham Act case with a survey that analyzes whether an alleged infringement is having a real world impact on consumers. This may include claims of trademark or trade-dress infringement, dilution, genericness and other issues.
Experts play different roles in different types of cases, so it’s important to consider your specific goals before beginning your search for a trademark survey expert. A good first step is to decide if you are looking for a specific methodological approach, such as an economic analysis to assess damages or a marketing assessment of a brand’s competition.
When you are ready to interview trademark survey companies for help with your intellectual property case in Austin, TX, we invite you to get in touch with Keegan & Donato Consulting at (914) 967-9421 to find out more about our training, expertise, and data-gathering capabilities.