Consider Keegan & Donato Consulting for consumer surveys that will strengthen your trademark infringement litigation.
Keegan & Donato Consulting is a specialty research consultancy located in Rye, New York. We develop consumer surveys for plaintiffs and defendants across the nation. With a combined 25-plus years of experience in conducting consumer research studies, principals Mark Keegan and Tony Donato have wide-ranging skills and tools that can help you build a strong case.
We are members in the International Trademark Association (INTA), the American Marketing Association (AMA), the American Association for Public Opinion Research (AAPOR), and ESOMAR, the leading global association for market, social and opinion researchers,
Our specialties include:
- Likelihood of Confusion Analysis & Surveys
- Secondary Meaning Analysis & Surveys
- Strength of Mark Analysis & Surveys
- Lanham Act Analysis & Surveys
- Trade Dress Analysis & Surveys
- Consumer Perception Analysis & Surveys
- Consumer Understanding Studies
- Marketing, damages and forensic economic analyses
- Expert Witness Testimony
- Critique of opposing experts’ studies and reports
- Advice on deposition and trial questioning of opposing experts
Most of our consumer surveys cost from $30,000 to $80,000 to complete, and $55,000 is the most typical cost. We work on a fixed rate or hourly basis depending on your needs and will work with you to design a survey that is both reliable and within your budget. We will always provide you with an estimate of project costs prior to engagement.
Our Survey Methodology
Keegan & Donato Consulting follows established principles of consumer survey research beginning with a rigorous and valid survey design that explores the relevant issues in the case. Some of the industry best practices we have built into our survey designs include:
- Appropriate universe selection and sampling frame;
- Representative, qualified respondents;
- Use of objective, non-leading questions;
- Procedures that minimize potential biases in data collection;
- Procedures that reduce guessing among respondents; and
- Full analysis and reporting of survey data.
Keegan & Donato Consulting custom-designs trademark surveys to meet the needs of each individual case. This may involve developing unique designs to address specific issues that are important in your unique case and/or targeting specialized populations of respondents. These factors will also affect the time and level of difficulty of executing a study and its overall cost.
We are also skilled at identifying flaws and weaknesses in surveys that may not be apparent to an untrained eye. If you face potentially flawed surveys submitted by opposing experts, we can help you rebut the credibility of their work in the context of your litigation.
Methodologically sound consumer surveys and expert testimony from Keegan & Donato Consulting will meet the courts’ standards and can serve as powerful evidence in your case.
Get in touch with the experts at Keegan & Donato Consulting at (914) 967-9421 to learn more about the importance of consumer surveys in trademark litigation. We will work within your budget to deliver the assistance you need.