In the fast-paced world of trademark litigation, understanding the value and impact of surveys can be the key to success. Solid survey strategies will provide valuable insights into consumer perceptions, likelihood of confusion, and brand recognition – all critical factors in trademark infringement cases.
At Keegan & Donato Consulting, we specialize in helping legal professionals navigate the intricacies of survey research in trademark litigation. Our team of experienced professionals has a deep understanding of survey methodology and a track record of success in crafting surveys that withstand rigorous scrutiny in court. We know every case is unique, and we strive to tailor our approach to meet your needs.
We have developed surveys for plaintiffs and defendants across the nation on the likelihood of confusion, dilution, secondary meaning, strength of mark, acquired distinctiveness, false advertising, and other trademark and trade dress topics.
Selecting the Right Survey Expert for Your Case
Employing the services of a qualified survey expert is vital to the success of any trademark litigation case that involves surveys. Skilled survey experts such as Keegan & Donato Consulting bring invaluable expertise, ensuring the survey methodology, design, and execution meet the rigorous standards required by the courts.
When selecting a survey expert, there are several key factors to consider:
- Expertise and Experience: Look for a survey expert who specializes in the specific type of survey relevant to your case. They should have a deep understanding of survey methodology, data collection, and analysis. Additionally, consider their experience in testifying as an expert witness in trademark litigation cases.
- Reputation and Credibility: Research the survey expert’s reputation within the legal community. Seek references, review their past cases, and determine their track record of success. A survey expert with a solid reputation and credibility will enhance the credibility of your survey evidence in court.
- Collaboration and Communication: Effective communication between the survey expert and legal team are essential. The survey expert should be responsive, open to feedback, and capable of translating complex survey findings into clear and persuasive language for the court.
- Admissibility and Methodological Rigor: Ensure the survey expert’s methodologies comply with legal standards. The expert should be well-versed in Daubert standards and be able to demonstrate the scientific validity and reliability of their survey methods.
- Cost Comparison: Consider the cost of each expert’s services. At Keegan & Donato Consulting, most of our consumer surveys cost from $15,000 to $55,000, and $35,000 is the most typical cost. We work on a fixed rate or hourly basis based on your needs.
An expert who understands the nuances of survey research and has a track record of success can provide the expertise needed to navigate the complexities of trademark surveys and increase the chances of a favorable outcome in court.
In trademark litigation, surveys can be the difference between success and failure. They provide objective and quantifiable evidence that helps establish consumer perceptions, likelihood of confusion, and brand recognition. Developing solid strategies, leveraging the correct type of survey, and working with a qualified survey expert like Keegan & Donato Consulting will enhance your chances of success. Call (914) 967-9421 to take advantage of our expertise.