If you are seeking consultants with a combination of strategic and analytical skills to assist you with demonstrating infringement, Keegan & Donato Consulting can help. Our customized trademark infringement surveys can be a valuable litigation tool.
Keegan & Donato Consulting, a specialty research consultancy, is located in Rye, New York. We provide a complete suite of services, including consulting on litigation strategy for both plaintiff and defendant clients across the nation, consumer research studies, expert reports, testimony during litigation, testimony at deposition and/or trial, and rebuttal of opposing parties’ surveys when applicable.
Principals Mark Keegan and Tony Donato have more than 25 years of cumulative experience in the field of consumer research and develop consumer surveys on many topics within the fields of trademark and trade dress.
Our nationwide services include these and other areas:
- State-of-the-art survey design and execution
- Full-service data gathering and reporting capabilities
- Damages analysis and forensic economic analysis
- Pilot studies and exploratory research
- Collaboration on complex commercial litigation issues
- Critique and rebuttalof opposing experts’ studies and reports
- Advice on questioning of opposing experts in deposition and at trial
- Expert witness testimonyon consumer survey, marketing & economic issues
Our Survey Design Best Practices
Some of the industry best practices that Keegan & Donato Consulting builds into the firm’s survey designs include:
- Appropriate universe selection and sampling frame;
- Inclusion of representative, qualified respondents;
- Procedures that minimize potential biases in data collection;
- Objective, non-leading questions;
- Procedures that reduce guessing among respondents; and
- Full analysis and reporting of survey data.
In addition, we use an industry-leading online survey software platform which facilitates the programming and execution of advanced survey designs, including complex skip logic and advanced rotation and randomization of questions, answer options, and stimuli. These features are employed whenever appropriate.
We obtain our survey sample from leading marketing research companies that maintain multi-million-member online consumer panels. These companies are top providers of survey sample in the U.S. and are used by prominent marketing research firms.
Each case is unique, and we collaborate with clients to understand the fundamental issues of their cases in order to maximize the value of the survey evidence to the overall case strategy.
What Do Our Trademark Surveys Cost?
Most of our consumer studies cost between $30,000 and $80,000 to complete, and $55,000 is the most typical cost. We work on a fixed rate or hourly basis depending on your needs and will work with you to design a survey that is both reliable and within your budget. We will always provide you with an estimate of project costs prior to engagement.
To learn more about customized trademark infringement surveys and whether such a consumer research study could strengthen your trademark infringement case, get in touch with Keegan & Donato Consulting at (914) 967-9421. We will work within your budget to get you the results you need.