If you are located in Los Angeles and looking for consumer survey companies to provide research, analysis, affidavits, declarations and expert reports in support of trademark infringement and trade dress litigation, Keegan & Donato Consulting can help.
The principals of Keegan & Donato Consulting -Mark Keegan and Anthony Donato – have decades of experience in consumer surveys in the context of IP disputes, and have worked with leading Los Angeles firms, such as LeClairRyan, Irell & Manella LLP, Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan LLP, Girardi & Keese, and Blakely Sokoloff Taylor Zafman LLP.
Mr. Keegan’s background in formulating case strategies in complex litigation on behalf of his clients and as a marketing strategist working with top brands, along with Mr. Donato’s background in marketing, intellectual property, and consumer behavior cases covering trademark, copyright, patent, advertising, business damages and business ethics, offer an exceptional combination of strategic and analytical skills.
The firm is a member of ESOMAR, the leading global association for the research profession, the International Trademark Association (INTA), a worldwide organization of trademark owners and professionals dedicated to supporting trademarks and intellectual property to protect consumers and promote fair and effective global commerce, and the American Marketing Association (AMA).
We employ both classic survey designs and develop innovative custom survey designs to suit each client’s needs. Our industry-leading online survey software platform facilitates the programming and execution of advanced survey designs, including complex skip logic and advanced rotation and randomization of questions, answer options, and stimuli.
Keegan &Donato Consulting specializes in a wide range of trademark and trade dress analyses and surveys, including:
- Likelihood of Confusion –We can measure likelihood of confusion through classic survey designs and by crafting innovative custom surveys to determine if consumers are confused by a party’s use of a contested mark.
- Strength of Mark – We can customize a survey that evaluates consumer familiarity with a brand and the level of consumer recognition of a mark.
- Secondary Meaning –We can design and execute a study to target relevant consumers in your client’s market and find out how they perceive your client’s brand.
- Acquired Distinctiveness– A survey can help you prove that your client’s mark has achieved acquired distinctiveness and is unlikely to cause confusion about the origin of goods or services associated with it.
- Lanham Act Claims – A well-designed consumer research study can provide empirical evidence on the issue of whether an alleged trademark infringement is having a real world impact on consumers.
Survey Best Practices
Some of the industry best practices that we build into our survey designs include:
- Appropriate universe selection and sampling frame;
- Inclusion of representative, qualified respondents;
- Use of procedures to minimize potential biases in data collection;
- Use of objective, non-leading questions;
- Use of procedures to reduce guessing among respondents; and
- Full analysis and reporting of survey data.
To strengthen your intellectual property case, consider consumer survey companies like Keegan & Donato Consulting. Get in touch with us today at (914) 967-9421 to take advantage of our extensive knowledge and expertise.