Are you looking for consumer survey companies with a combination of strategic and analytical skills that can help strengthen your IP case in Detroit and withstand the rigors of litigation? Keegan & Donato Consulting offers the experience, expertise, and data-gathering capabilities you need.
With 25 years of combined experience, Mark Keegan and Tony Donato have an extensive background in the design, execution, and critique of consumer research studies in the context of litigation.
Keegan & Donato Consulting can deliver intelligence quickly and within a wide range of budgets. We work on a fixed rate or hourly basis depending on the needs of each client, and will help you design a survey that is both reliable and within your budget.
We have extensive testimony experience and have completed hundreds of methodologically sound surveys that have been admitted into evidence in state and federal courts, at arbitration, to the NAD, and to the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (TTAB).
Survey evidence can be a persuasive component of your overall case strategy, but it is crucial to employ experienced survey experts, such as Keegan & Donato Consulting, who can document and support the choice of questions, select the right universe and sample, minimize the possibility or appearance of bias, and accurately report the data gathered. Our specialties include:
- Likelihood of Confusion – We have designed and critiqued hundreds of likelihood of confusion studies to ascertain whether consumers are confused by a party’s use of a contested mark.
- Secondary Meaning – Proving secondary meaning can be critical. We can design a consumer research survey to target relevant consumers in your client’s market and help you determine the extent to which consumers associate a contested mark with a single or multiple sources.
- Strength of Mark – In cases that involve strength of mark, a survey can measure consumer reaction to the mark and demonstrate the level of consumer recognition. Consumer surveys can be valuable in determining the extent to which consumers are familiar with a brand.
- Consumer Perception – A common issue in false advertising and other types of consumer fraud cases is how consumers interpret specific claims made by a manufacturer on packaging and in other marketing communications. Consumer perception of marketing claims can be tested through consumer research.
- Acquired Distinctiveness – Consumer data can assist in proving that your client’s mark has achieved acquired distinctiveness to function as a trademark. Keegan & Donato Consulting offers extensive experience in conducting acquired distinctiveness surveys.
- Genericness – Generic marks are typically common dictionary words and are the weakest types of marks. Our surveys can determine whether customers recognize a particular word or phrase as a brand name or as a common descriptive term.
Because the circumstances of each case are unique, we work closely with our clients to understand the key issues driving their cases. This enables us to maximize the value of the consumer survey evidence to their overall case strategies. Our state-of-the art survey designs employ both classic survey designs and innovative custom survey designs to suit our clients’ needs.
As you look for qualified consumer survey companies for litigation in Detroit or elsewhere in the U.S., consider Keegan & Donato Consulting. We can help you meet the courts’ requirements for survey design, execution and analysis. Get in touch with us today at (914) 967-9421 to learn more about our wide range of services.